Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Busy weekend here

Finally! My first 100% English Angora project done! I'm thrilled to see my results. I started too too long ago clipping a couple of my bunnies, then spinning thier wool. All self taught, I then started to knitt a scarf out of it. I got what could have been a 3rd of the way through and decided it felt so heavenly that there was no way I'd be happy with it on the outside of my coat, I had to be able to feel it. So I ripped it apart and started my first ever pair of mittens. Having no clue what I was doing, I fumbed my way trying to figure how I could make them work. Then I realized I needed more yarn, so I went back to spinning-huge lesson what a diference in the end product. I was still determined to finish and here they are. I learned lots and can pick out every detail of my work both accomplished and fumbled through. Even though they're huge on my hands I just love them and look forward to my
next project. Maybe something a little simpler though.........My black doe spun up and into a patterned scarf..........hmmmm


And introducing the newest member of our home..........Nelson. He's a cockapoo, which I never thought I'd like. Our Golden Retriver, Klem, is showing huge signs of his 12 yrs and we've been talking about our choices if/when to get another dog, what kind and so on.......... Well, this guy almost litterally fell into our laps and hearts. He's 4 1/2 mos and in his first 24 hrs no accidents in the house. Yeah!

No comments: